Monday, February 6, 2012

Get Well Gabby

Last year in August I started following Gabby's blog. I had never met this sweet little girl (although I wish I had). Shortly after I started following the blog, Gabby lost her fight with DIPG (a form of childhood brain cancer). Since then I have read posts about the struggles her parents are going through trying to raise their other girls and deal with their loss. In the midst of it all, they are in the process of starting Get Well Gabby Foundation.

"Believe"

7 letters that spell one word that means the world to so many children (and adults) battling cancer. Gabby's foundation will focus on helping other children and their families believe and I want to make sure I do my part in spreading the word.

For me, it's not about supporting a cause, it's about finding a cure. It's about being able to celebrate more birthdays and more people getting to celebrate life with ice cream. Like I already mentioned, her parents are still grieving and learning to live their life without their precious daughter. Their blog will bring tears to your eyes and long for them to have Gabby back just as much as they do; but if we all help them and all spread Gabby's word, they're wish to make Gabby's foundation soar will come true and in return maybe other parents with cancer won't have to go through what the Vogel's are going through.

I can see this foundation being big, but it needs our help. Let's spread Gabby's word and the power of belief.

No comments:

Post a Comment