Monday, February 6, 2012

Relay or Life 2012 - Dessert's First!

This year I have opted to focus my cancer fight in different avenues, but wanted you all to know about this amazing team. I mentioned in an earlier post about a sweet cousin of my husbands, Jan, who lost her fight to Gallbladder/Bile Duct Cancer. If you want to see the definition of a fighter, she is one of many I know that can show you. The past year hasn't been the same without her but she taught us many lessons while she was with us. One being the importance of "Dessert First".


Life is short and you never know what curve balls it's going to throw at you so eat dessert first. Simple as that. I can't think of a better reason to talk about this amazing event and this amazing team on this blog, can you?

Last year, along with Jan's mom, sisters and other family and friends, I participated in the Relay for Life in Ogden, Utah heading up Team N.U.T.S. This year, Jan's sister Jennifer has started Team Dessert's First and will be participating in the Morgan Relay for Life. I ask you to take time and go donate to this wonderful team and towards this wonderful foundation. I am hoping to also participate in the event with Jennifer, but in case I don't - they still need your support.

You can visit her team's page here to learn more about the reason they relay. The event takes place on August 10th so if you think you'll be in the Morgan, UT area and want to participate, please sign up to be a part of this wonderful event. Not in Utah? Check out the Relay for Life home page to find an event near you.

*The picture included in this post is a picture of a print I was given by a sweet lady named Ann with Doodli-Dos. Please check out her site for this and other fun inspirational doodles.*

No comments:

Post a Comment